Friday, May 31, 2013

The Rubber Snake

This story starts a long, long time ago. I really don't know where the snake came from, but my sister and I used to use it to scare the crap out of my mother - usually by hiding it under her bed sheets. The trick was waiting LONG enough between scares that she forgot all about the rubber snake since the last time you used it against her! The other trick was assuming the risk: I have been "whipped" by this snake more than once!  Well, my mom is a clever mom and a few years ago she came across the rubber snake and slipped it into a care package bound for Chile. Needless to say, she got her revenge when I threw my care package across the room when I saw an effing snake inside of it!  Since then, I've been biding my time... waiting to strike...  The snake traveled to Mulege this past March and I'm sad to say, that although it has visited 3 countries at this point, its scaring days seem to be over - my mom was totally unphased.  BUT the snake's purpose has been reborn - Camilo is in a very complicated love/hate teething relationship with it. But what are words when I have pictures and video?

This is some "I love my snake" bliss...

...that turns into "I hate this effing snake!"



1 comment:

dickey shinen said...

Yes it is a love hate relationship

About Me

My photo
Las Cruces, Region V, Chile